Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Help send me to Nationals!

Dear Potential Sponsor,

It was definitely one of the best days of my life on May 14th when I was announced as Miss New York 2009! Representing my state as a positive role model has been a lifelong dream of mine. My first appearance as Miss New York? I got to ride in a brand new Mustang convertible in Great Neck's Memorial Day Parade. It was an incredible experience riding down the main street and watching all of the children get excited to see me. I remember hearing one boy say, "Look Mom it's a princess!" and I certainly felt like a princess that day! Everyone was taking my picture and kids were coming up to hug me afterwards. That is when I realized how powerful this title can be. I have been blessed with this incredible opportunity to motivate and inspire people to follow their dreams.

During the interview portion of the state pageant, I was asked what I would do with the title if I won. I had two answers to this. The first was to inspire people and encourage them to follow their dreams, because if you work hard enough and keep your eye on the goal – anything is possible. The second was to further my mission of motivating people to do volunteer work and community service. Volunteering has always been a passion of mine. For the past four years, I have been a volunteer firefighter in the Great Neck Alert Fire Department and I was a junior firefighter for five years before that. The work that I am most proud of is my own volunteer organization, Preserve America, which I founded back in 2007. I started Preserve America based on my belief that volunteering is one of America’s core values that we must preserve for the future. I organize numerous community service projects year round all with the same goal – promoting volunteer work. In the two years since I’ve started Preserve America, I have held care-package collections for our troops, annual toy drives for LIJ Schneider’s Childrens' Hospital, fundraising for America’s VetDogs, I raised over $1,000 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and I am currently organizing a project to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. If it weren’t for the voluntary service of America’s founding fathers, we wouldn’t have celebrated our 233rd birthday this past Independence Day. If brave American’s didn’t volunteer for the military, who knows what a state of turmoil our nation would be in. If courageous firefighters didn’t volunteer to protect lives and property, the result would be disastrous. If doctors didn't volunteer their services in countries where medical care is a luxury, entire populations could be wiped out by disease. Volunteering is the backbone of our nation and it would be a tragedy if we were to let that dissipate. I am committed to using my title to promote volunteer work to the best of my ability. There are nearly 20,000,000 people living in New York – that’s a lot of potential volunteers!

I have been given the opportunity to now compete against the queens from other states in the national pageant for the title of National American Miss. This pageant will be held for a week over Thanksgiving in Anaheim, CA. I am so excited and feel incredibly grateful to now have the opportunity to compete for a chance to represent my beloved country and expand my mission from the 20 million New Yorkers to 3 billion Americans! In order for me to pursue my dream, I need $4,000 to send myself to the national pageant. I am looking for sponsors so that I can go to nationals and have the opportunity to inspire and motivate 3 billion Americans. Any amount that you could donate would be a huge help! As one of my official sponsors, your name or your business’ name will be listed in the program book which is a great opportunity for you to show people that you are kind enough to support Miss New York and my mission. For a business, this is a chance for you to advertise your services as well as to have Miss New York endorse your company. Your donation is tax-deductible for businesses as an advertising expense. I hope that I can count on you to help make my dream a reality.

Here’s how you can help:
Make a check out to National American Miss and give it to me in person or mail it to: Kayla Sulla
PO Box 234096
Great Neck, NY 11023

You can follow me during my year of reign by checking out my blog. I post updates on there all of the time so you can see what events I am doing as well as all of the other great things that I am accomplishing.
Check it out at: http://missnewyork2009.blogspot.com/

I hope that you will consider sponsoring me as I continue my mission to inspire and educate others. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to being able to call you an official sponsor!



Best Wishes,

Kayla Sulla
Miss New York 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment