Wednesday, January 20, 2010

NAM National Pageant Day 3

Day 3:


Happy Thanksgiving!

Hollywood Tour!

Mom & Dad's clothes mysteriously got delivered in the middle of the night - thankfully! So the day was off to a great start, but that ended quickly. We we're supposed to go on a tour with the pageant contestants but there was an itty bitty time mix up and we missed the bus. But, we weren't the only ones, my sister queen Kelly (Miss New York Teen) and her family missed it also. So one of the pageant directors arranged for us to go on a private tour with another tour company.


We started off in Hollywood where we got to visit Grauman's Chinese Theater where all of the stars have their handprints. Here I am with the fabulous Marilyn Monroe's handprints, footprints, and autograph alonside her "Gentleman Prefer Blonde's" co-tar Jane Russell's:

We then visited the Kodak Theater where the Academy Awards are held. All of these tourists came up to me for autographs and to take pictures with me - it was pretty cool, I felt like a real celebrity. We then visited Marilyn Monroe's star which is located in front of a McDonald's (which, in my opinion, should really be a Victoria's Secret) before heading back to the bus for our next location.


Next, we headed for..."Rodeo Drive, baby" (to quote "Pretty Woman"), but first we did a tour of the celebrity houses in Beverly Hills. We saw the house "The Godfather" was filmed in, one of Lucille Ball's houses, the house Marilyn Monroe died in, the house the Osbourne's lived in when the filmed their TV show, the house Michael Jackson died in, and many other famous homes in the area. Upon our arrival at Rodeo Drive, the first thing I had to do was go to the hotel where they filmed "Pretty Woman". It looks nothing like it did in the film, but it was still pretty cool being there. I even have proof:
Here I am in the hotel's lobby

And here I am by the plaque with the hotel's name...


Since it was Thanksgiving all of the shops were closed but a tour of Rodeo wouldn't be complete without stopping by Tiffany's...We then headed over to Universal Studio's where we spent some time at the City Walk before heading back to our hotel for a special event...a raffle drawing for a 2010 Mustang Convertible! While I didn't win, one of my state sister queen's did! Here we are:

Yes, she's 7 and she won the car. But how adorable is she?!?!

After the drawing, we concluded our day with the very fancy and upscale black and white themed Thanksgiving Banquet. Here I am with Ashley, one of my NY sister queens:

After today, all of the fun and games are over and it's time for competition!































No comments:

Post a Comment